Itinerary: Darjeeling 2N Kalimpong 1N Gangtok 2N (5N6D)
Day 01: NJP/BAGDOGRA TO DARJEELING (6700 FTS/ 90KMS/ 3-4 HRS)
Upon arrival, meet our representative and drive to Darjeeling via Kurseong. Arrival at Darjeeling, check into the Hotel. Evening free to walk around the town i.e. Chowrasta (The Mall) Overnight stay at Hotel / Homestay.
Day 02: DARJEELING SIGHTSEEING
Early morning (3 am) drive to Tiger Hill (8500 fts) for sunrise view over the mountains. View 4 Giants of Himalaya i.e. Mt.Everest,Mt.Makalu,Mt.Lhotse and Mt.Khangchendzonga (all above 8000 mtrs) from Tiger Hill. Drive back to Town.
Visit Ghoom Monastery (Gelug order of Tibetan Buddhism) and Batasia Loop(Gorkha war memorial) Back to Hotel for Breakfast and recess (1 hr) After breakfast go for a mixed point sightseeing of Japanese Temple, Peace pagoda, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park & Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tenzing & Gombu Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self-Help Center (Closed on Sunday) & Happy Valley Tea Estate and Factory. Free & Leisure time or walk around the Mall (Chowrasta) Overnight at Hotel / Homestay.
03: DARJEELING TO KALIMPONG & SIGHTSEEING (4100 FTS/55 KMS /3-4 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel & check out. Drive to Kalimpong via Teesta,upon arrival,check into the Hotel. Lunch at Hotel, After lunch visit Durbin Monastery,Deolo Hill,Dr.Graham's Homes. Free & Leisure time or walk around town and visit Mangaldham (Hindu Temple) Overnight stay at Hotel / Homestay.
04: KALIMPONG TO GANGTOK (5500 FTS/70 KMS/3-4 HRS)
Breakfast Hotel & check out. Drive to Gangtok via Melli,Rangpo & Singtam Optionally you can do white water rafting at river Teesta with extra cost . Upon arrival, check into the hotel. Free & Leisure time or walk to the town. Overnight stay at Hotel.
05: GTK-TSHANGU LAKE (12500 FTS) BABA HARBHAJAN SINGH MANDIR (13150 FTS) NATHULA PASS (14500 FTS) EXCURSION
Breakfast at Hotel. After Breakfast drive to Tshangu Lake (40 kms)- Oval shaped Sacred Lake enroute Nathula Pass. Drive to Nathula Pass (15 kms further) enroute visit Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir. Drive back to Gangtok via same route(55 kms). Vehicle will drop you at the Market / Hotel. Free & Leisure time to stroll in the market area. Overnight stay at the Hotel / Homestay.
Day 05: OR OPTIONAL GANGTOK SIGHTSEEING
Breakfast at Hotel. Drive to Banjhakri eco-park (30 minutes from town) Visit Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (museum with collections or antique and rare Buddhism related items) Do Drul Chorten. Ropeway at Hur-huray dara. Back to Hotel for Lunch. After Lunch, visit Flower Show/ Enchey Monastery Hanuman Tok/Ganesh tok/Tashi View Point (to see Mt.Khangchendzonga and other peaks)/Bakthang water falls.
Vehicle will drop you at the Market / Hotel. Free & Leisure time to stroll in the market. Overnight stay at the Hotel / Homestay.
Day 05: OR OPTIONAL GANGTOK MONASTIC TOUR
Breakfast at Hotel. Visit Rumtek Monastery/Dharma Chakra Center (24 kms/1 hr) Kagyu order of Tibetan Buddhism / official seat in exile to HH Karmapa. Lingdum Zurmang Kagyud monastery(10 kms from Rumtek/30 minutes) Kagyu order of Tibetan Buddhism. Back to Hotel. Lunch/Recess. After lunch, visit Enchey Monastery (20 minutes from town)-Nyingma Order of Tibetan Buddhism. Visit Dro-Drul Chorten/Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (museum with collections or antique and rare Buddhism related items). Vehicle will drop you at the Market / Hotel. Free & Leisure time to stroll in the market area. Overnight stay at the Hotel / Homestay.
Day 06: DEPATURE TO NJP/BAGDOGRA (120 KM/4-5 HRS)
Breakfast at the Hotel and Checkout. Drive to NJP/Bagdogra.
|No. of Pax||PREMIUM LUXURY PROPERTIES||SUPERIOR
|No. of Pax||PREMIUM LUXURY PROPERTIES||SUPERIOR
|Vehicle Surplus amount add per vehicle||5875||5875||5875||5875|
The above rates are calculated in per head basis Hotel Category Details: (Please see Excel file attached with this file for hotel names and cancellation policy)
- Premium Luxury Package: Best Available Hotel
- Superior Luxury Package: Equivalent 4* Hotel
- Luxury Packages: Equivalent 3* Deluxe Hotel
- Premium Deluxe Packages: Equivalent 3* Hotel
- Super Deluxe Packages: Equivalent 2* Deluxe Hotel
- Deluxe Packages: Equivalent 2* Hotel with all Modern Amenities.
- Standard Packages: Equivalent 1* Hotel with Basic Facilities ‘
|COST INCLUDE||COST EXCLUDE|
- Please carry original ID proof (Voter ID card / Pass-port / Driving License etc) for security purpose, issue of permits & hotel policy and pp size photographs.
- The mentioned hotels will be confirmed as per room availability. Otherwise we will confirm similar category hotel.
1. Check-in & Check-out time 12:00 hrs.
2. If arrival of guest is by train at Railway Station, please be informed that our executive will be there to receive the guest at the exit gate (near enquiry counter) If you arrive at Airport our executive will be there at Exit Gate of the Airport.
3. On arrival of guests, we will provide them local contact number of our executive, who will handle the entire operation.
4. Do not leave your belongings in the vehicle unattended. We will not be responsible for losses occurring in such cases.
5. Some of the tourist spots might be closed due to different circumstances and in this case we will try to divert you to another tourist destinations. If your visit coincides with such holiday and you miss sightseeing and you want to undertake the same sightseeing on another day, there will be extra charges payable for the same.
6. Please maintain timing for sightseeing / transfers which will advisable by our executive. Other necessities and information:
Due to the wide range of temperature and climatic conditions it is advisable to dress in layers. For protection against cold, layered clothing is better than one or two thick garments. Clothing should preferably be made from natural materials, which allow the body to breathe.
Bring comfortable sport shoes for light hikes & sightseeing; hiking boots for treks; semi formal shoes for dinners/appointments/functions.
We should bear in mind that the higher the altitude, the cooler the weather, and that with a brisk wind blowing down off the mountains, even a low-lying valley can become quite chilly. The Northern and the Western part have a much harsher climate, with summer monsoon rains and winter snowfalls which may block passes leading into tourist spots. Winter in Sikkim and Darjeeling is from mid-November till March, and at this time of the year the climate is dry and sunny for the most part, temperatures peaking at around 15c. in the daytime and falling below zero at night. The monsoon usually arrives in mid-June, with light rain falling mainly in the afternoons and evenings. At the end of September, after the last of the big rains, autumn suddenly arrives, and is a magnificent season for trekking until November.
Nepali, Hindi and English are commonly spoken in the main towns and are the principal medium of instruction in schools throughout the state.
Sikkim and Darjeeling are one of the safest destinations in the world however you should still exercise caution when visiting. Avoid drinking tap water which has not been boiled at all times as most water sources in Sikkim and Darjeeling are untreated. One can easily acquire affordable treated and bottled water. People prone to car sickness should bring appropriate medicine as the winding roads on the mountains have plenty of curves and turns. Bring any medication you take regularly, or might need to take for a periodically recurring condition, such as asthma.