Itinerary: Gangtok 2N Darjeeling 2N (4N5D)
Day 01: NJP/BAGDOGRA TO GANGTOK (5500 FTS/120 KMS/4-5 HRS)
Upon arrival, meet our representative and drive to Gangtok. Arrival at Gangtok, check into the Hotel. Evening free to walk around the town.
Overnight stay at Hotel/ Homestay.
Day 02: GTK-TSHANGU LAKE (12500 FTS) BABA HARBHAJAN SINGH MANDIR (13150 FTS) NATHULA PASS (14500 FTS) EXCURSION
Breakfast at Hotel. After Breakfast drive to Tshangu Lake (40 kms)- Oval shaped Sacred Lake enroute Nathula Pass. Drive to Nathula Pass (15 kms further) enroute visit Baba Harbhajan Singh Mandir. Drive back to Gangtok via same route(55 kms). Vehicle will drop you at the Market / Hotel. Free & Leisure time to stroll in the market area. Overnight stay at the Hotel/ Homestay.
Day 02: OR OPTIONAL GANGTOK SIGHTSEEING
Breakfast at Hotel. Drive to Banjhakri eco-park (30 minutes from town) Visit Namgyal Institute of Tibetology (museum with collections or antique and rare Buddhism related items) Do Drul Chorten. Ropeway at Hur-huray dara. Back to Hotel for Lunch. After Lunch, visit Flower Show / Enchey Monastery / Hanuman Tok/Ganesh tok/Tashi View Point (to see Mt.Khangchendzonga and other peaks)/Bakthang water falls. Vehicle will drop you at the Market / Hotel. Free & Leisure time to stroll in the market.Day
03: GANGTOK TO DARJEELING (6700 FTS/90 KMS/3-4 HRS)
Breakfast at the Hotel. Drive to Darjeeling via Rangpo,Teesta. Lunch at Lopchu. Reach Darjelling (1 ½ hrs from Lopchu), upon arrival check into the Hotel. Free & Leisure time to stroll around to the Mall (Chowrasta) Overnight stay at the Hotel. River Rafting could be done enroute. (2 hrs) on extra costing.
04: DARJEELING SIGHTSEEING
Early morning (3 am) drive to Tiger Hill (8500 fts) for sunrise view over the mountains. View 4 Giants of Himalaya i.e. Mt.Everest,Mt.Makalu,Mt.Lhotse and Mt.Khangchendzonga (all above 8000 mtrs) from Tiger Hill. Drive back to Town.
Visit Ghoom Monastery (Gelug order of Tibetan Buddhism) and Batasia Loop(Gorkha war memorial) Back to Hotel for Breakfast and recess (1 hr) After breakfast go for a mixed point sightseeing of Japanese Temple, Peace pagoda, Padmaja Naidu Himalayan Zoological Park & Himalayan Mountaineering Institute (Closed on Thursday), Tenzing & Gombu Rock, Tibetan Refugee Self-Help Center (Closed on Sunday) & Happy Valley Tea Estate and Factory. Free & Leisure time or walk around the Mall (Chowrasta) Overnight at Hotel.
Day 05: DEPARTURE TO NJP / BAGDOGRA (90 KM/ 3-4 HRS)
Breakfast at Hotel and Checkout. Drive to NJP/ Bagdogra Via Kurseong.
|No. of Pax||PREMIUM LUXURY PROPERTIES||SUPERIOR
No. of Pax
|PREMIUM LUXURY PROPERTIES||SUPERIOR
|Vehicle Surplus amount add per vehicle||4625||4625||4625||4625|
The above rates are calculated in per head basis Hotel Category Details: (Please see Excel file attached with this file for hotel names and cancellation policy)
- Premium Luxury Package: Best Available Hotel
- Superior Luxury Package: Equivalent 4* Hotel
- Luxury Packages: Equivalent 3* Deluxe Hotel
- Premium Deluxe Packages: Equivalent 3* Hotel
- Super Deluxe Packages: Equivalent 2* Deluxe Hotel
- Deluxe Packages: Equivalent 2* Hotel with all Modern Amenities.
- Standard Packages: Equivalent 1* Hotel with Basic Facilities ‘
|COST INCLUDE||COST EXCLUDE|
- Please carry original ID proof (Voter ID card / Pass-port / Driving License etc) for security purpose, issue of permits & hotel policy and pp size photographs.
- The mentioned hotels will be confirmed as per room availability. Otherwise we will confirm similar category hotel.
1. Check-in & Check-out time 12:00 hrs.
2. If arrival of guest is by train at Railway Station, please be informed that our executive will be there to receive the guest at the exit gate (near enquiry counter) If you arrive at Airport our executive will be there at Exit Gate of the Airport.
3. On arrival of guests, we will provide them local contact number of our executive, who will handle the entire operation.
4. Do not leave your belongings in the vehicle unattended. We will not be responsible for losses occurring in such cases.
5. Some of the tourist spots might be closed due to different circumstances and in this case we will try to divert you to another tourist destinations. If your visit coincides with such holiday and you miss sightseeing and you want to undertake the same sightseeing on another day, there will be extra charges payable for the same.
6. Please maintain timing for sightseeing / transfers which will advisable by our executive. Other necessities and information:
Due to the wide range of temperature and climatic conditions it is advisable to dress in layers. For protection against cold, layered clothing is better than one or two thick garments. Clothing should preferably be made from natural materials, which allow the body to breathe.
Bring comfortable sport shoes for light hikes & sightseeing; hiking boots for treks; semi formal shoes for dinners/appointments/functions.
We should bear in mind that the higher the altitude, the cooler the weather, and that with a brisk wind blowing down off the mountains, even a low-lying valley can become quite chilly. The Northern and the Western part have a much harsher climate, with summer monsoon rains and winter snowfalls which may block passes leading into tourist spots. Winter in Sikkim and Darjeeling is from mid-November till March, and at this time of the year the climate is dry and sunny for the most part, temperatures peaking at around 15c. in the daytime and falling below zero at night. The monsoon usually arrives in mid-June, with light rain falling mainly in the afternoons and evenings. At the end of September, after the last of the big rains, autumn suddenly arrives, and is a magnificent season for trekking until November.
Nepali, Hindi and English are commonly spoken in the main towns and are the principal medium of instruction in schools throughout the state.
Sikkim and Darjeeling are one of the safest destinations in the world however you should still exercise caution when visiting. Avoid drinking tap water which has not been boiled at all times as most water sources in Sikkim and Darjeeling are untreated. One can easily acquire affordable treated and bottled water. People prone to car sickness should bring appropriate medicine as the winding roads on the mountains have plenty of curves and turns. Bring any medication you take regularly, or might need to take for a periodically recurring condition, such as asthma.